Port Alfred Tourist Attractions
Port Alfred is a feature packed holiday destination so you and your whole family can enjoy a memorable stay whilst staying at Bretton Beach Crest.
- Port Alfred's beaches! - you can walk for miles or just sit and enjoy.
- Swimming - we are in a bay next to Kelly's blue flag beach, or enjoy our uncrowded beach.
- Boating, skiing on the Kowie River
- Surfing at East or Middle Beach
- Birding - more than 100 species have been recorded at the resort, many more on the beach and surrounding areas.
- Fishing - just in front of the cottages from the beach or rocks, at the river or organise a deep sea trip.
- Golf at the 18 hole Royal Port Alfred Golf Club or the nearby Fish River Sun golf course.
- Diving and snorkelling
- Horse riding on the beach or through a game reserve.
- Canoeing up the Kowie River or a number of other rivers close by.
- Dune boarding on dune in front of cottages or very high dunes at East Beach.
- Interesting drives along country roads - see game and historical sights.
- Sightseeing nearby includes Bathurst, Grahamstown, Kenton on Sea, Bushman's River Mouth
- Boknes with Dias' Cross and Kleinemond all within 60km.
- Near malaria free game parks like Addo Elephant National Park (150km) and Sibuya, Kariega, Pumba, Lalibela, Kwandwe, Shamwari, etc., all easily accessible for a day trip.
- All sporting activities such as squash, tennis, bowls, croquet.
- Shopping, many restaurants and pubs.
Places and events in and around Port Alfred
Royal Port Alfred Golf Club, Mad Hatter's Golf Tournament (end April), Grahamstown National Arts Festival (end June/July), Shamwari Game Reserve, Sibuya Game Reserve, SA Intervarsity Boat Races (September), SA Schools Boat Races (December), scuba diving off Fountain Rocks, canoeing on the Kowie River or the Kap.